The Packers are da Bomb!

The Packers are da Bomb!
Will they repeat?

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Wrestling Match Relations

What would you do if you wanted to win your first wrestling match? Would you do whatever it takes? Would you even buy magic powers from the priest? This is the situation of Salue from The Wrestling Match by Tom Gilroy. His opponent is faster stronger and is pretty much better than him at everything. Plus he had a magic ‘’Gris-gris’’ that make them wrestle better. Salue was pretty much meant to loose, but he pushed as hard as he could and found himself beating his opponent. I had an almost exact experience as Salue. It was my first year wrestling I had little idea how to wrestle. My dad entered me into a tournament, and I wrestled as hard as I could every single match and won the championship. I was so happy I beat every single kid. The only reason I won was because I put my mind to it and I knew I could do anything just like Salue.

It was my first match ever, I was so nervous. I did not know what to do, but as soon as I got out there I had an instinct to tackle him as hard as I could and pin him. I did exactly that. I pinned him in the first round! I was so happy. I jumped as high as I could to celebrate. I saw my dad. He was standing in awe as I got my first pin on my first match. This is what Salue must have felt like when he won his first match like me.

As soon as that match was over I had another opponent. ‘’He was better and stronger than the guy that I wrestled before’’ said my dad. In the beginning of the match I was just as nervous as that one before. I was confused and worried that the match before was just a onetime deal, but I was wrong. I took him to the ground just like the guy before and pinned him. I bet you that Salue had a sense of relief like me, knowing that we can win matches on our own and they are not flukes.
While enjoying me two awesome victories, my dad came up to me and said that I was in the championship match! No one even knowed how I got to the championship. I was very worried I will lose this match the kid I was about to wrestle now had been a wrestler before. This was my first time wrestling someone with more skill than me. As I got my ankle band on. I heard all my family yelling at me to do as best as I can. I didn’t disappoint. I won with a 7-6 match! I was so happy all the voices cheering me when I won sounded like a million bombs exploding in my ears!

The short story The Wrestling Match by: Tom Gilroy is a very motivational story. It proves that if you try as hard as you can, you can do almost anything if you put your mind to it. Just like Salue and Me did in our matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment