The Packers are da Bomb!

The Packers are da Bomb!
Will they repeat?

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Books or Movies?

Which is better the book or the movie?  Do you like reading, or do you like watching movies?
Where the Red Fern Grows is one of my favorite books ever.  Then, I saw the movie and it ruined what I liked about the book.  That's why I believe the book is usually better.

There are many good books that have movies, Where the Red Fern Grows, Sign of the Beaver, Narnia, and The Summer of the Monkey.  When you read The Sign of the Beaver or Where the Red Fern Grows, and then watch the movie it ruins what you thought of the book.  They take so much detail and imagination out of the book.   When they make movies it also seems like they take out a lot of the scenes found in the book.  Those are the main reasons why I hate most movies after I read the book.

They edit the movie a lot, but also, sometimes the movies aren't even good.  When I watched Where the Red Fern Grows for my first time in class, I was angry because the movie took a lot of the scenes out, and then on top of it, it wasn't really a good movie.  Old graphics and bad acting made the movie not realistic. This was the same with Sign of the Beaver.   I know there are some books that have good movies like Star Wars, Harry Potter, or Narnia, but the majority of the older books do not have good movies.  The reason why these have good movies is because they have new technology to make movies unlike 20 or so years ago.

I believe if they make new movies based on books that they should try to get every detail according to the book.  That's why I still think books are better than the movies they are based on.  In the future I hope that they can make another movie based on Where the Red Fern Grows and Sign of the Beaver and this time have the movie be good and have the movie be based on the book better.

No comments:

Post a Comment