The Packers are da Bomb!

The Packers are da Bomb!
Will they repeat?

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Pearl Final Reflection

The Pearl by Steinbeck in my opinion is an OK, but I kind of didn't like how he started and ended the book very abruptly. The thing that was very good about the book is that the description was amazing. This is probably the most descriptive book I have ever read. Also the Narrator told us when the main characters were thinking about the song of the enemy. One more thing that I didn't like was that there could have easily been more than 1 main character. Instead of just Kino and Juana they could have added his brother and his sister more into the story. If the Aurthur would have included a little more stuff this book could have been better in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you had to say but wish you would have given more examples from the story. For example, you mention that the descriptions Steinbeck used were "amazing;" give examples - like what? Also, what about the Song of the Enemy? Tell me more about that. You might want to revisit this post and make these additions so that your readers have a better understanding of what you are trying to say.

    ReplyDelete